   hackathon at Open Source Conference

I don't know who here is planning on attending the O'Reilly Open Source
Conference in July, but I know that at last some participants here are
speakers.  Prior to the conference, O'Reilly will be hosting a hacking
space where people can gather to work together on projects. (They don't
have to be XML-related.)

Basically, O'Reilly will provide a room, tables, chairs, whiteboard, and
net connection from 9am Sunday to 9pm Monday.  We need people to register
their intention to attend so that we know how big a room to set aside.
Register a project by sending mail saying how many people will be attending
to hack on it to <oscon03hackathon@oreilly.com> by June 1, 2003.

The conference is in Portland, Oregon, USA, from July 7-11, 2003.  More
general information about the conference is available at:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2003/

The session listing is at:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/23/oscon_grid.html

If anyone has questions about this you're very welcome to contact me.

This might also be something interesting for other conferences to think
about.  I know a fair amount of hacking already goes on at XML conferences,
but a separate space for it could be a good thing.