   Re: [xml-dev] XML Schema: restricted <xs:any>?

On Sunday, May 4, 2003, at 01:39 US/Central, Bryce K. Nielsen wrote:

>> In other words, I'd like to be able to say that xfp:attribute always
>> has to precede other children of stuff in random namespaces. That kind
>> of thing. From the W3C specs, it doesn't appear that either
>> <xs:element> or <xs:any> support this kind of thing.
>>

> Actually, with the schema you supplied, you're already doing this.
> <xs:sequence> mandates that all the elements within the sequence *must*
> appear in the order given in the schema. So, in your schema, the
> xfp:attribute element will always be first, followed by one of the
> elements
> in the <xs:choice> node.

Right. I know how to set up the sequence and stuff. What I don't know
how to do is how to do that for arbitrary elements in other namespaces.
<xs:element> seems to want me tied down to a specific element name.
<xs:any> doesn't seem to support any of the type stuff.

Thanks,
Scott