   Re: [xml-dev] Ten new XQuery, XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 Working Drafts

In a message dated 05/05/2003 20:30:10 GMT Daylight Time, jenglish@flightlab.com writes:

I took a quick look.  Typed data, by way of the PSVI,
is now firmly embedded in the XPath, XQuery and XSLT
data models.

That was all the triage I needed.  I won't be using these
technologies at all.

Joe,

If the WG can define a conformance level that allows stylesheet authors to write XSLT 2.0 stylesheets without having to worry about W3C XML Schema types, would you still feel the same?

If so, can you explain why?

(That said, there is some neat new stuff in XSLT and XQuery.
It's worth checking out -- at leisure -- to mine for ideas.
)

There is a lot of nice stuff in XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0.

If the WG can produce a coformance level which lets you use that nice, new stuff but without bothering with PSVI and types would you be happy?

Andrew Watt