   Re: [xml-dev] Ten new XQuery, XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 Working Drafts

Thanks for the note, Michael,

On Mon, 5 May 2003 22:42:03 +0100
"Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> (Under these rules, a Basic XSLT Processor must be able to manipulate
> atomic values conforming to any of the XML Schema built-in types, for
> example strings, integers, decimals, doubles, dates, times, QNames.
> But a Basic XSLT processor does not support type annotations on nodes
> in the data model: all nodes are untyped. And it does not support
> user-defined types.)

Could you clarify this?  Does this mean that a basic XSLT processor MUST
understand all the schema types, but MAY NOT report these types?

I don't think that the folks who despise the WXS types jumble are going
to be very fond of such a stipulation, if so.  Particularly if all
forty-four "built-in" types (as opposed to the mere nineteen "primitive"
types are required.  It would effectively rule out using a coherent type
system (assuming that someone takes the trouble to create one for XML).

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis                    amyzing {at} talsever.com
Igne natura renovatur integra.