   Re: [xml-dev] XInclude Support

Hi

On Fri 09-May-2003 at 06:48:27PM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> Hum, XInclude spec requires recursion so I don't understand that
> limitation statement,

You mean this?

  Also note that contrarily to the XInclude specification Petal DOES
  allow recursive includes up to $Petal::MAX_INCLUDES. This behavior
  is very useful when templating structures which fit well recursive
  processing such as trees, nested lists, etc.

  http://search.cpan.org/author/JHIVER/Petal-0.92/lib/Petal.pm#limitations

My understand is that is doesn't comply with this:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/#loops

Because it allows, for example, a fragment of XML, say a bit of a
template for a sitemap to have a XInclude pointing to itself.

If the following is in a file called nesting.html and it includes
itself then I understand that this is not OK according to the spec.

<li>
  <a
    href="#"
    petal:attributes="href child/uri;"
    petal:inner="child/title"
  >Child Document Title</a>
  <ul
    petal:set="children child/children"
    petal:if="children; here/continue_sitemapping child"
    petal:repeat="child children"

  <xi:include href="nesting.html" />
  </ul>
</li>

I have copied this to the Petal list, which I think is open, so it
is fine to keep the CC if there are any replies to this.

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>