   Re: [xml-dev] Yo' mama's non-technical aguments

At 04:30 PM 5/11/2003 -0400, AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:
>That's very much my view on XSD Schema. I wish I had somehow made more
>time to nag / suggest / criticise / whatever 3 years ago. And if a few
>people more intelligent than I had done the same the XML community just
>might have been saved an ongoing sore.

We did, we got fed up with the lack of interest to our responses, we
eventually gave up.

It might have been good for someone to have posted Uche's beginning to this
thread, as that line of conversation-ending was popular at the time, and
especially frustrating.

I was thoroughly fed up before the XTech Town Hall on XML Schema.  Maybe
jumping up and down there would have made a difference, but I suspect the
fine meal I had instead with David Brownell and Frank Boumphrey has done
far more to provide me with hope that XML could be useful.   Standing in
front of heavily-laden trains in motion and telling their drivers to
outright stop the train doesn't seem to produce very good results, even if
you have a group with you.

You can certainly contribute to W3C working groups if you want to make
improvements on the margin, but criticism of anything counted XML core
appears to be treated as grounds for insanity.