   Re: [xml-dev] Yo' mama's non-technical aguments

Arjun Ray writes:

 > You think?  Well, XML Namespaces never made it past WD while the old
 > WG/SIG lasted.  Then came recharter time, the naysayers were quietly
 > pruned, and lo the WD sailed through to Rec in short order.  This is
 > called <gong>"W3C Process"</gong>, I believe.

This is a bit of a creative interpretation.  In fact, the original XML
WG approved XML Namespaces before the big reorg in Montreal -- the REC
was delayed at the W3C level, not the WG level.  There were serious
issues between the W3C and the WG members, but those all occurred long
before the rechartering.

It was Jon Bosak, not the W3C, who set up the details of the new
structure -- you can hardly call Jon a W3C yes-man (at least not if
you've ever worked with him) -- and those of us who had issues with
the W3C not only stayed around, but in many cases, acquired more
important roles in the committees.

All the best,

David

--