   Re: [xml-dev] Yo' mama's non-technical aguments

David Megginson <david@megginson.com> wrote:

| This is a bit of a creative interpretation.

It's my interpretation, yes.

| In fact, the original XML WG approved XML Namespaces [...]

I don't know what this means.

Were there WD versions that were not approved?

Was WG approval by itself sufficient to move a spec anywhere along the W3C
Process curve?

Did the WG "approve" Namespaces before Eliot quit?

| before the big reorg in Montreal -- the REC was delayed at the W3C
| level, not the WG level.

I don't remember when Montreal was, or what it had to do with anything,
sorry.

What I do remember is a provisional draft in early July being derailed by
a new um, Proposal From The Director.  And in my notes, I have this: