   Re: [xml-dev] Ten new XQuery, XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 Working

At 09:59 12/05/2003 +0100, Jeni Tennison wrote:

> > And if the result is also that XSLT transformations happen more
> > quickly, more efficiently, especially on large amounts of data,
> > that's a pretty good win.
>
>Unfortunately this promise is coupled with making writing XSLT
>transformations much more of a burden, and disproportionately so for
>those users who want to use XSLT 2.0 in a simple, schema-less way
>since they get hardly any benefit from error checking. I fear that
>many XSLT 1.0 users will get so irritated by the hoops they have to
>jump through writing Basic XSLT 2.0 that they will never get to the
>more powerful and helpful features of Schema-Aware XSLT 2.0.

Yep. Types will simply get in the way for some/ many.

  Equally, implementers could be put off by the complexity?
Run time speed will be lost, same reason. Critical for some.
   <xsl:stylesheet types='no'
   still seems like  a good option.
  Didn't Norm do an xslt lint?
yes.