   OT: Schemas and entities

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct
place to post this question. If it is not and there is
a more suitable list or forum, I would appreciate it
if you could point me to it.

I am working on converting our DTDs to W3C Schemas. I
have read quite a bit about how entities are not
supported by schemas, but I am still a bit confused by
it. I understand that character replacement entities
that have to be defined in the DTD (such as nbsp;,
amp;, etc...) are not supported, but if I use an ASCII
numerical replacement entity (such as 160;, 38;,
etc...) is that ok? Do numerical entities such as
those work in both elements and attributes with
schemas?

Thanks all.

--Nathan