   Re: [xml-dev] XML:lang, clarification demanded

[Kris Vanhoutte]
I created an xml-document and the validating Xschema.  After processing the
xml-document, a xhtml-report was created and placed on the intranet. The
application has to be executable local too however, and that is were my
problem is situated.

The xml-document uses xml:lang and for some reason, the validation against
the Xschema doesn't work when there is no internet-connection.  I checked
the w3c recommandation, but they don't mention any problems of this kind.
The code I use in my Xschema to define the xml-namespace is the following:
<xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace";
schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd"/>
In my opion, it is the xs:import that causes the problem, but I don't know
how I can solve it.

[Tom P]

The xml namespace should not need to be imported.  It is supposed to be
implicitly known.  If, despite this, your software insists on requiring it,
make a local copy of the schema and refer to it in the import statement.  Of
course, if you share your schema over the internet, you have to make sure
the server can find the local file by a non-file URL scheme.

Cheers,

Tom P