   Re: [xml-dev] One (jaundiced?) view of Microsoft's vision for XML

Henry S. Thompson scripsit:

> The crucial point of pain is the fact that the items are not grouped
> properly _at all_ -- there are always as many lists as items.

In fact there are as many lists as the sum of the depths of all items.
Each item constitutes an independent list object with the content
properly nested to the appropriate depth.

> I wouldn't mind the double nesting in the orphan case you mention, it's
> just I'd like the simple cases to be simple :-).

What general solution would you provide that handles the orphans and
cases like a level-3 item immediately following a level-1 item?
I'd be very interested to see it.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
"It's the old, old story.  Droid meets droid.  Droid becomes chameleon.