   RE: [xml-dev] DAML +OIL versus XML

> >Can "DAML +OIL" replace "XML"?

Is this another homework question?

> I dunno.  How do you do

>   <h1>My web page</h1>
>
> in "DAML + OIL"?

Just like that!

Well ok, you'll also have to model the family photo language in DAML+OIL,
but I think the DAML HTML Gateway Tools [1] should help.

The semantics of most (if not all) XML languages can be represented in
DAML+OIL, there's no need to get rid of the XML version - it's working on a
different layer. If you're starting from scratch, then an RDF/XML (+DAML+OIL
or OWL if necessary) representation might well be worth considering for
interchange rather than or as well as vanilla XML.

btw, DAML+OIL is being superceded by the Web Ontology language OWL.

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.daml.org/2001/10/html/