   Re: [xml-dev] Defining Xlink in XMLschema

Charles,

Please see comments below:

Regarding #1: You should declare <link> as a global element in the
schema and simply reference it where necessary. If you'd like to hide
the XLink attributes in the instance document, you could also use fixed
attribute values and just include a <link> element in the document where
necessary (this assumes that you will have the same set of XLink
attributes for each <link> element - if not, you could name them
<link1>, <link2>, etc. or with more descriptive names).

Regarding #2: It is unnecessary to declare these. The fact that they are
used within the XLink namespace will cause the XLink processor to
interpret them accordingly.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

C Baines wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can anyone help me with these questions?
>
> If I wanted to include inline xlinks within a document e.g.
>
> <rhyme>The <link xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3c.org/1999/xlink";
> xlink:href="cat.png" xlink:show="new" xlink:title="cat">cat</link> sat on
> the mat</rhyme>
>
> 1.    Presumably <rhyme> and any other elements containing <link> need to be
> mixed elements declaring <link> as a child in the schema - but is there a
> way of declaring <link> just once in the schema so that it can be used
> within any elements at random?
>
> 2.    (Main question) Do I still have to declare the xlink attributes in the
> schema, i.e. href, show and title, or is this unnecessary because I have
> declared the Xlink namespace within <link> already?
>
> Thanks
>
> Charles

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano