   Re: [xml-dev] Parsing the structure of a form as XML content

hi,

another possibility is to reconstruct XML instance based on HTML form
field names. it is straightforward and in case of nested XML elements
they can be described by giving filed names that are hierarchical i.e.
simplified XPATH such as <input
name="param:parameters/input/job-input/x1/"type="text"value="" /> - such
form field names are pretty much self describing :-).

the main advantage is that such HTML form does not require javascript,
DHTML, ... - but it is straight HTML form and can be displayed and
processed on pretty much any HTML browser (we generate XHTML to simplify
parsing but generated XHTML is 1.0 without any special features).

for example of how such HTML form may look please see GAPP-WRF at
http://linbox1.extreme.indiana.edu:8356/xwsfg

thanks,

alek