   Re: [xml-dev] Does SAX make sense?

> There are several implementations, but I don't know of any standard
> interface. I have been thinking that having a standard interface just
> for passing XPath expressions to an event parser would be great. Anyone
> know of a standard being worked, implementations, or interested in
> starting a working group? If so, I'm in.

I am working on something similar, but much simpler right now.
My XPaths are just straight paths, or in other words,  element types.

My initial plan was to build a DTD (or other schema) validator
(on top of SAX) which has callback hooks for custom validation
or processing. The callbacks are registered by the application
based on a path - but rather a path based on the schema object
model and not the document object model. Every node in the SOM
corresponds to a separate set of callbacks.

So far I was not thinking of anything more complex, as I think
this would be quite an effort.

Karl