   Re: [xml-dev] Vocabulary Combination and optional namespaces

You could, if you wanted, use a namespace filter to coerce unqualified
elements into that namespace during processing - before or after
transmission.  Integrating that with SOAP processing might not be much fun,
but it's possible.

I wrote some basic (Java) tools for doing this kind of thing, available at:
http://simonstl.com/projects/namespace/

I should add something that qualifies all unqualified children of a given
element and variations on that.