   Re: [xml-dev] Vocabulary Combination and optional namespaces

Seairth Jacobs wrote:
> From: "Joe Gregorio" <joe@bitworking.org>
>
>>Which is all well and good until you try to embed RSS into another
>>vocabulary, for example, SOAP. See [2] for the motivation for this:
>>
>><soap:Envelope
>>  xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
>>  <soap:Header/>
>>    <soap:Body>
>>      <rss version="2.0">
>>        <channel>
>>          <title>...
>

> Out of curiousity, what is wrong with the above sample?  The rss elements
> are still separate from the soap elements.  If all you had were soap and rss
> elements, would it be necessary to namespace-qualify the rss elements?

Well, in the given example there isn't an _XML_ problem, since we *know*
that there won't be any name collisions. The problem comes about
if you tried to combine RSS with another XML vocabulary whose elements
also resided in the nil namespace.

There is one _SOAP_ problem with above example, and that is some
WSDL tools require that the element directly inside the
soap:Body be in a non-nil namespace.

	-joe

--
http://BitWorking.org