   RE: [xml-dev] Vocabulary Combination

> At 12:02 AM 5/29/2003 -0700, Tim Bray wrote:
> >Don't be silly.  Why would you want names that are unique on
> a wide scale
> >if you weren't going to be combining vocabularies?

Simon:
> That's not a silly question.

Namespace identifiers also have the effect of indicating a vocabulary's
point-of-origination.  I don't say "point-of-origin", since other other
developers can piggyback additional names onto the namespace willy-nilly (at
their own risk, of course). Therefore, a vocabulary identified by namespace
in any given document could have several points-of-origin.