   Re: [xml-dev] data definition

Michael,

Actually a great question.

The OASIS Customer Information Query (CIQ) TC [1] defines an "Extensible
Name and Address Language (xNAL)" standard. In my estimation, this is
the most prevalent such standard.

The OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) TC [2] also defines an
address as part of their transactions.

Lastly, the UN/CEFACT Core Component effort [3] is defining a "Core
Component Library" that is to include such constructs as address.

Hope that helps,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ciq
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
[3] http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2002-10-01-a.html

> Michael Wilson wrote:
>
> This is probably a simple stupid question, so here goes.  Is there a
> standardized definition for the characterics of an address in xml?
>
> thank you
> Michael
>
> WorldOfRodeo.Com
> The Leader in Rodeo News And Information
> Fax Results to 1- 775-898-6846

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano