   Looking for an example of a name colliision

Does anyone have an example of a collision that can only be solved,
or even best be solved with XML Namespaces? A neccessary condition
is ideal, but examples where namespace represents an optimal design
decision will do. I'm asking for two reasons:

  - in my work with XML I've never run across a collision problem
that seemed to require namespaces. I wondering whether they're rare
or whether the markup I dela with is unusual.

  - I'm looking for markup that I can use for test cases and
thinking about the matter.

I went looking in the Namepsaces spec and found this example and an
assertion:

[[[
<signing>
   <author title="Mr" name="Vikram Seth" />
   <book title="A Suitable Boy" price="$22.95" /></signing>
<signing>
   <author title="Dr" name="Oliver Sacks" />
   <book title="The Island of the Color-Blind" price="$12.95"
/></signing>
</section>

In this example, there are three occurrences of the name title
within markup, and the name alone clearly provides insufficient
information to allow correct processing by a software module
]]]

It demonstrates no such thing to me. For example, here is the
sufficient information:

  /section/title
  /section/signing/author@title
  /section/signing/book@title

I suspect this particular assertion about the insufficiency of
traditional namespaces in the spec is false. I believe for it to be
true, there would need to exist markup for which no keys could be
computed to dilineate one element or attribute from another.

Bill de hÓra