   Re: [xml-dev] human interaction with XML

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

> There has been, and will continue to be, a great need among all who interact
> with XML in such an agency to be able to tie
> back the information in XML schemas/documents to the "master" registry, in
> terms of element names, datatypes, formats, etc. This requires (in my
> opinion) a large degree of human interaction with XML.

This interaction is the craft of markup, an honorable occupation. If there is
a single premise of XML, it is that we are guaranteed a syntactic instance
upon which the human, the computer, and all of the clever tools might operate
equally and autonomously--none constrained by the preconceptions, abstract
models, or epistemological limitations of the others. This is interoperability
at its most profound, but in its fundamental reliance on the syntactic
instance (document) it is also the essential characteristic and expression of
XML.

Respectfully,

Walter Perry