   Re: [xml-dev] human interaction with XML

Sounds very positive.

It is quite common for corporate IS types, and departmental stakeholders, to design three-gear solutions, then set up patchworks of exception processes and ever more fragmented databases to bypass the resulting paralysis. (I've wondered cynically if this isn't really just a way for a bureaucracy to justify additional expenditures, but I digress.)

Isn't saying "...continued desire of humans to play roles in that process", a bit of an understatement? Clearly many people do want to communicate across their cubicals and between their toolsets. They get out of one (tool) box, only to land inside another box. Reminds me of the hype I've been hearing regarding model based development - and a misplaced emphasis on building models, rather than model building as an exercise, subordinate to the work at hand - work done by people, for people, not for machines.

- Mitch