   Re: [xml-dev] XML 1.1 and Unicode normalization

We had exactly this discussion a while back on XML-DEV.

Someone claimed that charmod was vague about producer and consumer. Others
of us then mentioned the definitions, and charmod's scope about being primarily concerned
with public web data, etc.

For people who don't want text normalization, why won't this cause problems, putting aside
the fringe requirements of ASCII-only users?   (Indeed, I was told it is the law in a certain
country to normalize their text.)

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe