   Re: [xml-dev] XML 1.1 and Unicode normalization

James Anderson wrote:
>while the referenced specification requires that all "producers of
>strings" ensure (not just check) that they are normalized, led this
>implementer to put the proposals back, to wait for later versions.

John Cowan replies (without quoted context about waiting):
>As for waiting, it's now or never as far as XML 1.1 is concerned.

John, could you clarify what this "now or never" is about?

While I support what XML 1.1 is trying to do, I have a really hard time
seeing anything "now or never" about it.  If there's no great rush to
implement, I'm not sure why there's a great rush to standardize.  James'
experience hardly seems unusual.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!