   Re: [xml-dev] XML 1.1 and Unicode normalization

Simon St.Laurent scripsit:

> While I support what XML 1.1 is trying to do, I have a really hard time
> seeing anything "now or never" about it.  If there's no great rush to
> implement, I'm not sure why there's a great rush to standardize.  James'
> experience hardly seems unusual.

I'm somewhat bound by confidentiality here, but it's my personal belief that
if we don't see implementations of normalization-checking fairly soon, the
WG might well decide to delete mention of checking from XML 1.1.

--
But that, he realized, was a foolish            John Cowan
thought; as no one knew better than he          jcowan@reutershealth.com