   RE: Re: [xml-dev] YAML Ain't Markup Language

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 15:38, Dare Obasanjo wrote:
> As far as I'm concerned besides empty philosophizing there is little distinction between data and documents when it comes to XML. The distinction of note I've seen pointed out is that data-centric applications typically avoid mixed content while document-centric XML applications typically embrace it.

As Ken said. Text vs Information.At the extremes, a novel vs an inventory report.

You can shred the inventory report back into your database in a completely
different structure. The novel must keep its paragraphs and emphasis or it's not
 a novel, let alone the same novel.

Sheesh, just a few minutes ago, Roger Costello posted "avoid sequencing in schemas'
as a lesson learned. Um, in my world

<!ELEMENT book (frontmatter, body, backmatter)>

is what it's all about.

And the resentment (in both directions) arises when tools (or specs for tools) are optimised for one
domain at the cost of making life harder in the other.

Frank