   Re: [xml-dev] YAML Ain't Markup Language

The COBOL rule I dealt with were simple. Stay in the columns. Code outside the columns and it either won't compile or it will change the meaning of a data definition. Perhaps it was more of a mainframe editing rule, and as I've avoided COBOL for so long perhaps it is no longer the case.

I am still uncomfortable using position for structure, and having read the yaml.org spec indentation rules, they seem neither simple nor flexible. Perhaps others find them so; or within the self-imposed goals the rules are quite effective. I'm willing to be corrected by time and experience. (Of which you correctly infer I have little in the area of YAML.)

Regards,

- Mitch