   Re: [xml-dev] xPath 2.0, XSLT 2.0 ... size increase over v1.0

I've used EXSLT. It is not that well designed, it is definitely not
standard, and implementations suck (in particular, Xalan 2.5.1 still
has horrible bugs with func:function).

I reckon that extending the function library fills a gap, but clearly
XSLT 2.0 / XPath 2.0 provides much more. For example, with EXSLT, you
still have to say explicitly that you want to convert an RTF into a
node-set. Try explaining that to an XSLT beginner!

Many of the major new features of XSLT 2.0 / XPath 2.0 cannot be
addressed by library extensions. For example being able to express
conditions and iterations in XPath is a HUGE plus from a syntactical
point of view (aren't you tired of xsl:choose?).

-Erik