   Re: [xml-dev] xPath 2.0, XSLT 2.0 ... size increase over v1.0

At 08:07 PM 6/10/2003 +0200, Eric van der Vlist wrote:

>You need to provide a model of your documents written with WXS not only to
>take advantage of the new features of XPath 2.0 but also to get it working
>with for some fairly basic features.

Which operations are you thinking of? It is certainly a goal of XPath 2.0
(and XQuery, for that matter) to work gracefully for documents governed by
DTDs or merely well formed documents. Some examples showing areas where you
think there are problems would be useful.

In XPath 2.0, I can certainly do things like multiply two untyped elements
- they will be cast implicitly to double before the multiplication, which
is what XPath 1.0 did. No schema needed. Your message seems to imply that
this is the kind of thing you are concerned about, but I am not sure.

Jonathan