   Re: [xml-dev] xPath 2.0, XSLT 2.0 ... size increase over v1.0

Think about Java's inner classes (added in 1.1) and generics (coming
up in 1.5): those are pretty huge additions to the language too.

This being said, XPath 2.0 is mostly backward-compatible with 1.0, so
I don't see how the nature of the language is changed. Then adding
variables, iterators, and conditionals to XPath was much needed, and
not too shocking an addition to me.

But I understand that you are referring more to the issue of typing in
XPath 2.0?

-Erik