   RE: [xml-dev] CSS syntax for RDF

Didier PH Martin wrote:

>Micah I have a question for you.

>Having a CSS based frame system or RDF like if you prefer has the inherent
>disadvantage that no tools are available for rendition. So to speak to
>transform the frames into something appearing in my browser. Have you
>anything in mind about this issue? You know, with MCF we had the
>disadvantage of having to write our own viewers/parsers.

I think good hand authorability is more valuable than good tools.

For instance, in the past I've written that a card catalog is hardly worth
the effort if only a fraction of the books in the library are represented.
That's what metadata on the Web is like today.

It needs to be easy enough for anyone, tools or no, to create. Only then
will it be worth coming up with new ways to transform, link, and render all
this good stuff.

.micah