   RE: [xml-dev] UTF-8 use with XML

Apparently the system changed the character to a question mark.  The
character should be a rectangular shape in place of the less-than sign "<" .

-----Original Message-----
From: Long, Craig Z
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 11:09 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: [xml-dev] UTF-8 use with XML

Given the following element using a utf character (created by a user's
system): <BirthCity>Trenton?/BirthCity> I've been told my system should be
programmed to accept this.  I can't find any documentation which supports
yes or no to this premise.  Currently we reject this as not well-formed XML.
Please offer expertise concerning this issue.

Regards,

Craig Long
"Be Kind to Your Enemies, You Made Them."