   Re: [xml-dev] modeling, validating and documenting an xml grammar

It was really strange for me to hear that everybody don't know where necessary to use occurrences constraints other than 0 or unbounded. I can make plenty of suggestions.
For example: electronic exchange of business information. I’m working on X12 standard and that standard includes transaction specifications for different industries. And guess what they use everywhere min and max occurrences. This example is good enough to prove necessity of use of occurrence constraints beside 0, 1 or many. In real life everybody are using occurrences constraints. You can have only one wife. :)

Simon wrote:
> That sounds to me like we've crossed into business rules, not necessarily
> XML grammar rules.

He is absolutely right that sounds like business rules. And no question we have to enforce this business rules. Anybody have some suggestions how to do that? What solution do you have for enforcing business rules? I have at least XML Schema. But there is problem with XML Schema: contexts dependant adaptation mechanism is not provided. XML Schema is static by nature.   For example: in some countries I can have more than one wife. Answer for this problem is in using rule engine for handling business rules.

Cheers,
Vladimir