   Meta-models for schemas

I wish to model some documents which are actually data, and need to model some of the meta-attributes of this schema, such as mutability. XML Schema provides most of the restrictions I need (required/optional/default, cardinalities, mixed content). Is there a way to extend the XSD to allow me to write a schema which forces the inclusion of certain additional restrictions?

Thanks,

Martin.

It's an unfortunate trend to have a solution be aesthetically pleasing for the technologist, resulting in a daily handicap for the user.

- Ann Navarro