   Re: [xml-dev] modeling, validating and documenting an xml grammar

Mike Fitzgerald wrote:

>Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
>

>>Wow, what a hidebound approach to design! Good thing the WXS crew didn't
>>have such a regressive attitude.
>>

>I have participated in all RELAX NG TC meetings save one since it's
>inception, and I assure you that anyone attending these meetings would agree
>with me that "hidebound" would never accurately describe any of the
>proceedings.  A unanimous desire for simplicity was always present, however,
>and it has paid off.
>
>Mike

I thought a ;-) was unnecessary on this one, but I should know better by
now. Just for the record, I think any standards committee that *doesn't*
follow the principle of "if in doubt, leave it out" should be forced to
keep circulating their ever more bloated specification amongst
themselves in a feedback cycle until their mail servers all crash and
the evil product of their activities is lost to the bit bucket. WXS
seemed to be firmly on this track, but somehow the damned thing escaped
to the wild before the inevitable collapse. I consider it a virus.

;-)

  - Dennis