   Derivation problem

Hello everybody,

I've got a problem with Xerces when validating an XML file. Ths problem
comes from the XML Schema itself,
although designed without any problem with XML Spy 5.

The erroneous part is the following :

Generator.xsd file

<xs:complexType name="Field_Type">
	<xs:sequence>
		<xs:element name="GenericProcess" type="Process_Type" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
	</xs:sequence>
	<xs:attribute name="FieldType" type="xs:string" use="optional"/>
	<xs:attribute name="DefaultValue" type="xs:string" use="optional"/>
	<xs:attribute name="NbOfOccurence" type="xs:nonNegativeInteger"
use="optional"/>
</xs:complexType>
<xs:complexType name="Process_Type">
	<xs:attribute name="StepName" type="xs:string" use="required"/>
	<xs:attribute name="Function" type="xs:string" use="required"/>
</xs:complexType>
	<xs:complexType name="TextTableReference">
	<xs:complexContent>
		<xs:restriction base="Field_Type">
			<xs:sequence>
				<xs:element name="GenericProcess" type="Process_Type" minOccurs="0"

maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
			</xs:sequence>
			<xs:attribute name="DefaultValue" fixed="996"/>
		</xs:restriction>
	</xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>

Xerces gives me :

[Error] Generator.xsd:183:18: derivation-ok-restriction.2.1.2: Error for
type 'TextTableReference'.  An

attribute use in this type has a type which is not validly derived from the
type of the matching attribute

use in the base type.

---->I have this error because of the fixed="996", and even because of the
xs:attribute presence under

restriction as far as I understand.

[Error] Generator.xsd:180:44: cos-particle-restrict.2: Forbidden particle
restriction:

'any:choice,sequence,all,elt'.
[Error] Generator.xsd:180:44: derivation-ok-restriction.5.3.2: Error for
type 'TextTableReference'.  The

particle of the type is not a valid restriction of the particle of the base.

----->These two extra errors may me due to the fact that Field_Type has a
child element (Generic Process),

because if I change Field_Type and remove GenericProcess child element, I
only have the first error adn not

the three ones.

I must admit that I don't find really clear the explanations provided by the
w3c here

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/

Object Oreiented speaking I want to derive TextTableReference from
Field_Type and fixing teh attribute

DefauktValue.
Do you have any solution for my problem, apart from coding
TextTableReference as a standalone type with its

attributes and child, because I have many types derived in the same way as
TextTableReference from

Field_Type.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Trouvez l'âme soeur sur MSN Rencontres ! http://g.msn.fr/FR1000/9551