   RE: [xml-dev] Derivation problem

You have:

	<xs:attribute name="DefaultValue" fixed="996"/>

without "type=", so the type is xs:anySimpleType. This is not a
restriction of  xs:string.  You should add  type="xs:string"

As to the other errors you get, I don’t have a clue.

Alessandro Triglia

> [Error] Generator.xsd:180:44: cos-particle-restrict.2:
> Forbidden particle
> restriction:
>
> 'any:choice,sequence,all,elt'.
> [Error] Generator.xsd:180:44:
> derivation-ok-restriction.5.3.2: Error for
> type 'TextTableReference'.  The
>
> particle of the type is not a valid restriction of the
> particle of the base.
>
> ----->These two extra errors may me due to the fact that
> Field_Type has
> ----->a
> child element (Generic Process),
>
> because if I change Field_Type and remove GenericProcess
> child element, I
> only have the first error adn not
>
> the three ones.
>
> I must admit that I don't find really clear the explanations
> provided by the
> w3c here

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/

Object Oreiented speaking I want to derive TextTableReference from
Field_Type and fixing teh attribute

DefauktValue.
Do you have any solution for my problem, apart from coding
TextTableReference as a standalone type with its

attributes and child, because I have many types derived in the same way
as
TextTableReference from

Field_Type.

Thanks in advance for your help.