   Re: [xml-dev] Create XML

>> example, embedded returns -- unnormalized line-end -- are out of
>> scope for what I was talking about.
>
> I don't understand why.  When I'm creating XML, some parts of what I am
> creating may well have come from parsing an XML document.  That means if
> there's any XML infoset that my program cannot serialize correctly, it's
> potentially a bug.

Because the issue wasn't an XML serializer.  It was "how can I output a
little bit of XML w/o needing a whole DOM, etc., kind of thing."

Yes, serializing XML isn't for the novice.  But a programmer should be
able to just use a few print statements to do the equivalent of turning
a .cfg file into a .xml file ...
	/r$