   RE: [xml-dev] Create XML

Dare Obasanjo <dareo@microsoft.com> writes:

> <sales-pitch>
> This whole thread astounds me. If the APIs available for
> processing XML on your platform of choice are so lacking that
> one can't do something as basic as a write well-formed
> without a heavyweight API perhaps it is time you moved to the
> .NET Framework. ;)
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystem
> xmlxmltext
> writerclasstopic.asp
> </sales-pitch>

Then again, maybe not given that the documentation states:

	XmlTextWriter does not check for the following:

	- Invalid characters in attribute and element names.
	- Unicode characters that do not fit the specified encoding. If
the Unicode characters do not fit the specified encoding, the
XmlTextWriter does not escape the Unicode characters into character
entities.
	- Duplicate attributes.
	- Characters in the DOCTYPE public identifier or system
identifier.

We have people here who, when writing XML without a good tool, insist on
trying to put spaces in the element and attribute names...