   Re: [xml-dev] Create XML

> <sales-pitch>
> This whole thread astounds me. If the APIs available for processing XML
> on your platform of choice are so lacking that one can't do something as
> basic as a write well-formed without a heavyweight API perhaps it is
> time you moved to the .NET Framework. ;)

I have seen several code examples from the .NET Framework, and I find nothing
remarkable in it.  Nothing remarkably good.  Nothing remarkably bad.

The issue here is that

1) Programmers are used to using "print" to output text from their favorite
language
2) Programmers think of XML as "just text"
3) It's to bad for them (as Rich says) that they can't just use print to
output XML

I don't happen to think that any of the XML APIs are as egregious as Rich
does.  Like Joe, I think they're often cleaner than "print" anyway.

The exact same arguments apply to the .NET framework AFAIK.

XML Data Bindings in Python - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/06/11/py-xml.html
Introducing Examplotron - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-x
mptron/
Charming Jython - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jython.h