   Re: [xml-dev] xPath 2.0, XSLT 2.0 ... size increase over v1.0

At 04:13 PM 6/20/2003 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>Bullard, Claude L (Len) scripsit:
>
> > Ever wonder why a consortium needs to be private
> > if all of the competitors of worth are members?
> > Who or what is the monster to be feared in this
> > cartoon?
>
>Their own managements, to be sure.  By maintaining secrecy, W3C technical
>folks can prevent press wars.

I don't think anything prevents these companies from sharing details about
their implementations outside of the W3C, so no.

Web Services is about the only place I've seen "press wars" of this sort in
a while, and I think most people know at this point not to take such wars
any more seriously than they take such things outside of a W3C-specific
context.