   Re: [xml-dev] xPath 2.0, XSLT 2.0 ... size increase over v1.0

In a message dated 20/06/2003 20:57:05 GMT Daylight Time, simonstl@simonstl.com writes:

At 02:42 PM 6/20/2003 -0500, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>Ever wonder why a consortium needs to be private
>if all of the competitors of worth are members?
>Who or what is the monster to be feared in this
>cartoon?

That's the best question I've seen asked on this subject in a very long time.

I suspect that at least one aspect of the answer to the question of why a private consortium is fairly straightforward - to provide a funding mechanism.

Andrew Watt