   Re: [xml-dev] xPath 2.0, XSLT 2.0 ... size increase over v1.0

AndrewWatt2000@aol.com writes:
>I suspect that at least one aspect of the answer to the question of
>why a private consortium is fairly straightforward - to provide a
>funding mechanism.

Sure - but the W3C also claims, at least in its PR - a rather important
public mission.  Finding the balance between the public and private is
difficult, and I think Len pointed out how unbalanced the situation
appears to be for this particular aspect of W3C process.

It's hardly like the W3C keeps its specs private to gather more funding,
remember.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!