   Re: [xml-dev] Attribute Order (Was: Create XML )

elharo@metalab.unc.edu (Elliotte Rusty Harold) writes:
>Unique names make the API design a lot easier.

I'm not convinced at this point that API design is a great priority for
markup language design either.

Heck, I'm cooking up my own APIs, largely with the intent of dealing
with issues that XML API designers (and to some extent XML 1.0's
creators) didn't consider important.

http://simonstl.com/projects/gorille/docs/com/simonstl/gorille/DocProcI.
html

http://simonstl.com/projects/moe/

XML 1.0 was kind enough to programmers that it made markup ubiquitous,
sure.  At this point, though, I think the value of markup is clear
enough that it's time to stop bending over backwards for programmers.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!