   RE: [xml-dev] DITA xml

>DITA appears to be very similar to the concept of Topic Maps [1].
Yeah I noticed that there seemed to be some overlap, nice to have it
confirmed as it was a peripheral observation

<Quote>
>(which seems to me the same as what the topic map spec
>describes: the ability to "enable multiple, concurrent views of sets
>of information objects").
>Yep, with the caveat that we're talking potentially about preprocessed,
>packaged information here, and a set of very structured, predictable
>information, rather than the kind of heterogeneous distributed
>information that topic maps are enabled for. But the basic idea
>(separation of view structure from source structure) is the same (we
>call it context and content, because context includes a wider variety
of
>things, but same basic idea).
</Quote>

Thanks

>Hope that helps,

somewhat but what I'm really looking for is an idea of how much it is
used.
Doing a google search on it led me to conclude it's not too widespread
nor even very known in its particular problem domain.