   RE: [xml-dev] DITA xml

>Within his own company its widespread...
>What is your definition of widespread?

More than just an in-house standard, even when the house is IBM. From
the announcement it seems they would like it to be used as a standard
outside IBM, and one would assume it does get so used because of IBM
support for it, the question is if that assumption is correct, are
people outside of IBM using this format. I myself have to guess as I
pretty much don't use IBM stuff, other than a few standalone tools I've
downloaded from them, and stuff they developed and then gave away.