len

From: Rich Salz [mailto:rsalz@datapower.com]

> his strategic blunder was to assume he could
> work openly without being under the protection of
> the policies of an organization that would

No.  His blunder was in using imprecise language to specify something,
and then being inconsistent about the interpretation of those
ambiguities.  RSS 2.0 isn't a spec or standard.  It was an essay written
with a couple of weeks -- yes, less than a month -- from those who
scrambled to be heard, and mostly (like 2/3 comments accpeted) were.
It's an essay that is not open to editorial clarification.

Too bad.  Often the hard part of working in the open is knowing when to
let go.  Dave's inability to do so has led many reasonable people to
start from ground zero.  I expect interop to be maintained.