len

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold [mailto:elharo@metalab.unc.edu]

If he had patented it and tried to assert more control over it, it
would have gone exactly nowhere. Probably other people would have
invented similar tools that would have succeeded by virtue of being
open. And perhaps if the community had been more involved in the
development of RSS from the get-go and weren't held hostage by the
ego of one developer, a lot of the serious flaws in RSS might have
been avoided completely. There was one very good idea in RSS, (put
headlines and links in an XML document) but the original spec and
application were embarrassingly bad.