   XSLT, RDF, fragment identifiers

[This question crosses XSLT, RDF, and general web architecture, so
xml-dev seems like an appropriately cross-cultural place to post it.]

Does XSLT (in 1.0 or 2.0) have an understanding of fragment identifiers?

I'm dealing with a case where information looks like:

<foaf:knows rdf:resource="#ben"/>
<foaf:knows rdf:resource="#bitworking"/>
<foaf:knows rdf:resource="#clkeller"/>

All of those rdf:resource attributes act like IDREFs, pointing elsewhere
in the same document, but of course they're not IDREFs - and the IDs to
which they point are rdf:ID attributes, which aren't declared with a
DOCTYPE.

Hunting around on Google didn't bring much up, but then fragment
identifiers aren't exactly the most exciting stuff.  I'm thinking that I
can solve this particular case with some XPath string tweaking and keys,
but I seriously doubt XSLT is an appropriate environment for parsing
URIs to figure out where to look and what to take.

(Except maybe with the xpath1() scheme [1], of course, but that's highly
unofficial.)

This seems to make XSLT even less appropriate for working with RDF than
I'd originally thought, though I'd be happy to be shown wrong in this
case.

[1] - http://simonstl.com/ietf/draft-stlaurent-xpath-frag-01.txt

--
Simon St.Laurent